CopCritic is about bringing transparency and understanding to the interactions that law enforcement has with the communities they protect, through live broadcasts. This immediacy encourages direct and unfiltered participation in a story as it’s unfolding. There are a few guidelines intended to keep CopCritic open and safe:
CopCritic reserves the right to allow sensitive content when it is artistic, educational, scientific or newsworthy. Please remember that CopCritic is not to be used for any unlawful purposes or in furtherance of illegal activities.
- • Live broadcasts will be limited to interactions with law enforcement and/or authorities
- • Do not broadcast video that is not related to interactions with law enforcement and/or authorities.
- • Abide by the 3Ls (Launch, License, Let) process, or process clearly intended to reduce tension with law enforcement and/or authorities
- • Follow law enforcement and/or authority directions and instructions.
- • Escalate your broadcast only if you feel law enforcement and/or authorities are treating you unfairly or behaving in an unreasionable and/or over aggressive manner.
- • Do not post pornographic or overtly sexual content
- • Do not publish explicitly graphic content or media that is intended to incite violent, illegal or dangerous activities.
- • Respect one another. Do not abuse, harass or post others’ private, confidential information
- • Do not impersonate to mislead or deceive
- • Do not spam
2. Graphic Content
CopCritic is intended to be open and safe. To maintain a healthy platform, uploaded video is not allowed to have explicit graphic content. Explicit graphic content includes, but is not limited to, depictions of child abuse, animal abuse, or bodily harm. CopCritic is not for content that includes a direct and specific threat of violence to others.
CopCritic reserves the right to edit broadcasts that include graphic content. CopCritic reserves the right to allow sensitive content when it is artistic, educational, scientific or newsworthy.
3. Private Information
Please respect the privacy of others. Do not publish another person’s private or confidential information. Some examples of private information include:
Keep in mind that although you may consider certain information to be private, not all postings of such information may be a violation of this policy. We may consider the context and nature of the information posted, local privacy laws, and other case-specific facts when determining if this policy has been violated.
- • Social security or other national identity numbers
- • Credit card information
- • Addresses or locations that are considered and treated private
- • Non-public, personal phone numbers and emails
- • Intimate videos or photos taken or distributed without the subject's consent
- • Videos or images that are considered and treated as private under applicable laws
Do not impersonate with the intent to mislead, confuse, or deceive others. Parody, commentary, or fan accounts should be clearly labeled. For example, in your account bio write, “This is a parody account” or use a descriptive username, e.g., “@NotBillMurray”.
Some examples of abuse and spam:
- • Malware / Phishing: publishing or linking to malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another user’s account or device, or to compromise a user’s privacy or login information
- • Serial Accounts: creating serial accounts for disruptive or abusive purposes
- • Selling Accounts: purchasing or selling CopCritic accounts
- • Invitation Spam: repeatedly following and unfollowing people
- • Broadcast Spam:
- • Broadcasting for the sole purpose of directing users to an external site or service
- • Posting deliberately misleading broadcast titles, especially with the intent to redirect the viewer to an external site or service
- • Purchasing ‘hearts’ or paying to have a broadcast ‘shared’ to increase the popularity of the content
- • Using serial accounts to auto ‘share’ broadcasts to increase popularity
- • Posting large numbers of unsolicited comments, especially in an attempt to advertise a service or link
- • Using or promoting third-party sites or services that claim to get you more followers
6. CopCritic Copyright & DMCA Policy
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and expect CopCritic users to do the same. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law and are properly provided to us.
If you believe that your content has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information:
- i. a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf;
- ii. identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- iii. identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material:
- a. display name, (e.g., CopCritic),
- b. username, (e.g., @CopCriticco),
- c. broadcast title,
- d. date,
- e. time,
- f. broadcast URL, if available
We reserve the right to remove content alleged to be infringing without prior notice and at our sole discretion. In appropriate circumstances, CopCritic will also terminate a user’s account if the user is determined to be a repeat infringer. Our designated copyright agent for notice of alleged copyright infringement appearing on CopCritic is:
- iv. your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and an email address;
- v. a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- vi. a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner